Homeschool moms are some of the busiest women I know! They serve in many roles and tackle a variety of tasks each day. But summer is here and for many homeschool moms the usual tasks such as lesson planning, teaching, and curriculum hunting have been suspended for a little while. Now, while the family schedule is a bit more relaxed, the homeschool mom may be able to slow down and enjoy a bit of personal private time.
I recently asked a few moms what they’d do if they had a few hours of time alone, I received a surprising response. Many moms quickly rattled off a list of chores they would do, but very few mentioned doing something for themselves. When I asked the moms why they wouldn’t do something for themselves, they mentioned obstacles such as money and lack of creative ideas.
And so to help homeschool moms who need inspiration, I’ve created The Homeschool Mom’s Bucket List to provide easy, fun, and relatively inexpensive ways to encourage moms to take some time for themselves and to offer interesting activities they can do during their time off.
- Memorize a chapter of the Bible.
- Learn a new craft at Craftsy.com. Some classes are free!
- Buy a new pair of shoes.
- Listen to an audio book.
- Take a ride alone.
- Go on a picnic with friends.
- Take a cooking class.
- Memorize the Beatitudes.
- Make fresh lemonade or brew fresh iced tea.
- Write a poem.
- Go get a mani, pedi, or both!
- Choose a new shade of lipstick.
- Shop at a farmer’s market.
- Try a cuisine you’ve never tasted before.
- Pick your own fruit and make something with it!
- Create a dream board or a vision board.
- Take a long bubble bath.
- Memorize the 10 Commandments.
- Make a list of ways you can display the fruits of the Spirit.
- Go fly a kite.
- Start a gratitude journal.
- Write and mail a thank you note to someone.
- Take time to readjust your schedule.
- Find and read a biography of someone you admire.
- Make a new friend.
- Strengthen current relationships by calling a friend one day.
- Write your own psalm.
- Host a dinner party.
- Take a ride in a convertible.
- Buy yourself some flowers.
- Try some karaoke.
- Relax on the beach.
- Enjoy a Girls’ Night Out or a Ladies’ Lunch In.
- Pray for someone who has hurt you.
- Make and bury a time capsule.
- Paint a picture.
- Buy yourself some pretty new undergarments.
- Have professional photos taken.
Summer is here, but it will fly by quickly busy mom. Start using The Homeschool Mom’s Summer Bucket List today! Thought completing the entire bucket list may not be possible, I encourage you to select and enjoy a few of the suggestions.
To make it easier for you to keep track of the activities you’ve enjoyed, I’ve created a free printable copy of the The Homeschool Mom’s Summer Bucket List. Print it out here, check off activities as you complete them, then come back to this post and tell us what you’ve done. We’d love to hear from you!
Enjoy the rest of your summer Mom!