On today’s show, I had the pleasure of interviewing Carlie Kercheval, a busy mompreneur who loves God and family.
Carlie Kercheval is a happily married stay-at-home homeschooling mom. She and her college sweetheart have been blessed with 3 precious children to raise while traveling the world as a military family. Carlie is the founder of So You Call Yourself a Homeschooler?™, Today’s Frugal Mom™, and Managing Your Blessings. She is also the co-author of the Learning to Speak Life™ family Bible studies and co-host of the Learning to Speak Life™ Radio Show. When she is not busy enjoying her family and the great outdoors, you can typically find her cozied up somewhere under a blanket with a good book. You can connect with her on Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter.
We started our conversation with Carlie’s favorite bible verse:
Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers
Carlie shares with us…
- About herself and family. She loves Jesus, her husband, the outdoors, and hiking.
- How she began homeschooling. Carlie is a homeschool mom who didn’t start off wanting to homeschool, but the Lord drew her heart into home education. She and her husband work together to make the decision to homeschool.
- How her experience as a military wife and mom has affected her homeschooling. Because of homeschooling, transitioning has been a little easier (not having to go in and out of school systems.) While living in Germany, she and her family had opportunities to experience life-changing field trips. Although her husband has been through many deployments, they have worked through issues together as a team and submitted to the Lord’s will for their family- which has made their homeschooling experience easier. It’s all about: togetherness, teamwork, and trust.
- She tells us about some of the newer online projects she’s working on. Carlie began Today’s Frugal Mom and she shares her inspiration for beginning this project. We also touched a bit on the topic of couponing.
Books and Podcasts by Carlie.
Listen to Learning To Speak Life Podcast-LearningToSpeakLife.com
We talk about Carlie’s podcast – Learning to Speak Life: The Delicate Art of Taming the Tongue. Carlie and her husband, Michael, host their podcast on the Ultimate Radio Network on the 2nd and 4th Thursdays of the month.
Read “Fruit of the Spirit” to Your Children
Carlie’s book, Learning to Speak Life:Fruit of the Spirit, is a 9-week family bible study devotional which teaches young children (and adults) on how to speak God’s life-giving words. It includes copywork, role plays, tongue twisters related to each fruit, family discussions, a family project, prayer, and a “digging deeper” section. Her book is available in both kindle and paperback.
Carlie and her husband Michael have been blogging and ministering at Fulfilling Your Vows- helping couples through their marriages with prayer and spiritual support.
Visit SoYouCallYourselfAHomeschooler.com & ManagingYourBlessings.com
We also have a brief chat about being a mompreneur and time management.
My question to Carlie: As a mompreneur, how do you do it all?
Carlie’s answer: She doesn’t do it all, but the Lord shows her what she needs to do and when she needs to do it.
Other ways to reach Carlie:
I hope you enjoyed this podcast! Please stop by and leave a comment in Itunes- I would greatly appreciate it!
Other ways to reach me…
- Christian Homeschool Moms Twitter
- Christian Homeschool Moms Facebook
- Christian Homeschool Moms Podcast on Itunes
- Christian Homeschool Moms Pinterest
- Christian Homeschool Moms YouTube
- Christian Homeschool Moms Google+ discussion group