In this podcast I had the opportunity to speak with Jenny Phillips, the author of The Good and The Beautiful. In today’s show we shared some of the reasons she created her curriculum and why in our family we love it so much!
Don’t forget to click the play button to listen to this episode, as well as view my video and blog review to watch me unveil our Good and The Beautiful Level 4 with my daughter.
I have definitely fallen head over heels about this curriculum because it has made such a huge difference in the way we “do school” in our home. In fact, it really doesn’t feel much like doing school at all. Over the years we’ve used so many bits and pieces of different language arts curricula that it became overwhelming to me to piece things together on my own. When I realized that this package had everything combined and was faith based I was on board.
After experiencing the Level 4 for ourselves, I just had to ask Jenny for an interview. I knew that she would be able to bring much more to the table than I could simply giving my experience using it these past few weeks.
Interview with Jenny Phillips
Jenny and I had a great time discussing her passion and reason for writing this curriculum. We talked about:
- What prompted her to begin her own company and how it came about
- How she got into curriculum writing
- How her songwriting influenced the creation of her curriculum
- How TGandTB is different from so many others
- What her goals were and what she hoped to accomplish when developing TGandTB
- Reasons she chose to include artwork by different artists
- What subjects are covered and how they are interconnected
- Who the curriculum was meant for (families with different educational styles and theories)
- Pricing and why she made it so affordable
- How she was able to balance homeschooling 5 children while creating The Good and The Beautiful
Listen to Jenny explain why her language arts and history curriculum has been helpful for so many families, including her own. (And mine!)
How to order
To find out more about Jenny and how to order The Good and The Beautiful for your family, you can reach her at JennyPhillips.com.
Resources mentioned on the show
- Unboxing The Good and The Beautiful Level 4 video and blog review
- $99 Website Design Special for Homeschool Mompreneurs