This homeschool podcast episode is all about encouraging the Christian mom to lead your homeschool in a spirit of love. I give some suggestions on apps I like, I talk a good deal about the common ingredients on being a successful leader in your home and homeschool, and I offer a prayer over your homeschooling.
Some apps I talked about on this episode are:
- The Old SchoolHouse Magazine
- Daily Audio Bible
- FootSteps Free (pedometer)
I also mention some leadership ideas from Paul Chappel.
Recap on our words of leadership:
- Christ is our leader. Our children submit to us as we submit to Christ.
- We should be willing to deny ourselves of other educational options in order to embrace our homeschooling lifestyle- choosing what could be over something better for our families (for this season).
- We should practice discipline to homeschool effectively.
- We should always seek and ask for God’s wisdom in our homeschool. In order to be a good leader we have to ask for direction from the One to whom we are accountable.
- A leader always cares about those she leads. A mom of faith will pray for her students and help them to be successful.
- A good leader always forgives her child right away when he’s done wrong.
…and ideas on loosening our reigns to love:
- Set aside time for each of your kids individually
- Set aside time for fun and play with your kids
Hope you enjoyed this podcast! If this episode has been helpful to you, please don’t forget to rate this podcast in Itunes.
Be blessed 🙂