On this podcast I’m introducing an “oldie but goodie” teleseminar recording from Spring 2006 on a former website I used to run at Christian Ladies Connect. In this teleseminar bible teaching series, Audrey Wyatt is our speaker and she helps us to find our connection with the Lord in finding our life purpose.
Audrey Wyatt, life and business coach and author of e-book “Cleaning our Father’s House” helps organizations by crafting business plans and is the owner of BizWriteNow. On this episode, Audrey walks us into the idea of finding our purpose as women of God.
God Still Speaks
Audrey shares with us about ways we pursue our purpose for the Lord. Sometimes we go about it the wrong way, we pursue an idea, and we may fail. But in order to fulfill our purpose we must be able to hear Him when He calls us.
God speaks through the written Word, the spoken Word, and the prophetic Word.
How do we know when God is speaking?
There were times when God rarely spoke:
1 Samuel 3:1.
Lord was precious in those days. There was no one listening, so the Lord wasn’t speaking. God did not speak for 400 years between the old and new testament.
Thankfully God is still speaking to us today!
Some points that Audrey would like for us to keep in mind when considering life purpose:
- There are three types of words: the written word, spoken word, and prophetic word.
- Hebrews 1: 1-2.
- “Peace is the potting soil of revelation.”
- Jesus, the prophet, is speaking to us today.
- The Lord “sustains what He ordains”.
A life purpose declaration to write and speak:
Prophesy to my heart, Lord Jesus.
Keep in mind that God unfolds His word for our lives. Psalm 119:130.
In order to get the settled Word from Heaven revealed to us on earth we must have:
- Faith (Hebrews 11:6)
- We must be a friend to Jesus (John 15:15). Cultivate your prayer life, worship the Lord, and walk closely with Him. God will teach you and connect with you right where you are in your homeschooling and in your every day tasks.
- Spirit of wisdom and revelation (Ephesians 1:17-18).
We touched briefly on the analogy of pregnancy in spirituality. When “pregnant with your purpose” you should determine:
- How far along am I?
- What am I “carrying” for the Lord?
- Am I healthy? Do I receive regular checkups?
- How much do I weigh?
I thoroughly enjoyed this seminar series with Audrey, and I hope you did too. Please leave me feedback if you gleaned from this episode. Comments and thoughts are much appreciated!
Other ways to reach me…
- Christian Homeschool Moms Google+ discussion group
- Christian Homeschool Moms Twitter
- Christian Homeschool Moms Facebook
- Christian Homeschool Moms Podcast on Itunes
- Christian Homeschool Moms Pinterest
- Christian Homeschool Moms YouTube