Happy New Year, friends! In this podcast I talk about ways of planning or “unplanning” our homeschool goals for a new year.
My 4 basic tips for setting homeschool goals this year:
- Start with a dose prayer. Prayer is conversation with God and is easy.
- Start with a plan, or plan not to plan. Don’t worry- I explain this all in the podcast! 🙂
- Process not perfection. It’s not about being perfect, but enjoying the journey.
- Explore, experience, and connect. Taking time to enjoy the journey is most important, not rushing through our days.
Our sponsor: Phonics Museum
And by the way, this week’s awesome sponsor is Phonics Museum by Veritas Press. If you have kids that are learning to read, be sure to check out the Phonics Museum app (you’ll get a 2-week free trial) and pick up your freebies (an ebook, an activity book, and a printable activity for emerging readers). You can also scroll below to the bottom of this post to view their video and find out more about Phonics Museum.
Although my kids are older, I downloaded this app and had my 10-year-old check it out. She says she wishes she’d had something like this to help her learn to read in an interactive and engaging way when she was younger!
Resources mentioned on this podcast
- Interview with Dianna Wiebe of Grapevine Studies
- Interview with Laurie Detweiler of Veritas Press
- Interview with Jenny Phillips of The Good and The Beautiful
- Interview with Belinda Bullard of A Blessed Heritage Educational Resources
- Interview with Julie Bogart of Bravewriter
- Creating Your Family Homeschool Goals
- Homeschool Planning When You’re Behind Schedule
- How To Tackle Homeschool Planning in Proactive Mode
- Homeschool Makeover Strategies That Work
- Scriptures on how to pray: Matthew 6:1-14
- Blog Post: Why I Don’t Overplan My Homeschool
- Present Over Perfect by Shauna Niequist
More from our sponsor, Phonics Museum
- An eBook early primer reader called: The Bug In The Mug On the Rug
- The activity eBook/print out called – “My Alphabet Book”
- Phonics Museum Paper Tube Activity Print Out
Thank you so much for listening to this episode! Be sure to leave a review in get in touch with me if you have any questions.