I’ve enjoyed locating resources for Black History Month this year.
My girls and I have been learning about George Washington Carver, Martin Luther King, and the founding of Tuskegee University- which is not too far from where we used to live a few years ago. My girls were especially mesmerized by the first woman millionaire- Madame CJ Walker, her story, and how her fortune lead to changes in her community.
With our excitement about the celebration of this month in mind, I decided to pull together a list of pins I found that can help you decide on some activities to participate in for Black History Month.
In addition, you may want to check out some of the following resources that can help you with planning your Black History Month lessons.
- Black History Month lesson plans by the National Education Association
- Edsitement’s Guide To Black History Month Teaching Resources
- African American History Teaching Resources from teachinghistory.org
- Black History Month Teaching Resources from Smithsonian Education
- Celebrate African American Heritage by Scholastic
And as promised, here is my Black History Month pinterest board. Enjoy the resources, and re-pin away!
Follow Christian Homeschool Moms’s board African Heritage/ African American History on Pinterest.