It’s the middle of the summer and a new school year is just around the corner. Many homeschool moms are searching for various curriculum that will meet the needs of their children without breaking the bank. The savvy homeschool mom may find a sporadic coupon code here or discount deal there, but many moms will pay full price for the curriculum their children need. For many families, the cost of curriculum for multiple children is extremely high.
What’s a mom to do when the cost of curriculum is high, but the funds are low? Before paying for curriculum, check out the many free homeschool resources all over the web. Many of these online resources feature well organized, comprehensive materials. Homeschool moms can use them to provide children with a high quality home education. Get started on your curriculum quest by clicking through this list of free homeschool resources for every subject.
Many of these websites offer downloadable PDFs. If you find something you’d like to use, I HIGHLY recommend downloading and saving it to your computer right away. Free resources can be removed at any time.
Virtual Field Trips
- Mr. Nussbaum
- English is for Everyone
- Glencoe Literature Library (awesome study guides)
- Nancy Polette’s Literature Guides
- Spelling City
- K12 Reader Spelling Lists (Grades 1-5)
- Kids Spell
- Home Spelling Words
- Big IQ Kids Spelling Bee
- Zaner Bloser Spelling Connections
- Daily Grammar Archive
- Scott Foresman Grammar
- Grammar Book (grammar rules videos)
- Road To Grammar (365 quizzes)
- Elementary Grammar and Compostion
- Sheppard Software
- Education Place Outline Maps
- Homeschool Creations (a variety of geography freebies)
- World History Outline (Smith Life Science)
- American Heritage (binder lessons for purchase, but CDs for feee)
I hope this amazing list of resources will be helpful to you. Do you have a great free resource to share? Don’t keep it to yourself. Let us know about it by leaving a comment below!