I’ve really enjoyed this week’s homeschool mom chat with Kaylani Campbell. Lani is a former public school educator turned homeschooling mom, online educator, and homeschool co-op founder. As a dedicated wife and homeschool mom to 1, she inspires and encourages families to begin and maintain their homeschooling journey while balancing self-care and family life. Lani is the founder of Teacher Kaylani LLC (an online tutoring company), co-founder of Melanated Homeschool Tampa Co-op (a homeschool cooperative created with children of color in mind), and Melanated Homeschool Collective LLC (a community focused on helping melanated homeschool mamas balance self-care, homeschool, and life).
Are you a visual person? I am super happy to introduce my video interview as well! You can watch our interview below. (It is the very same as the audio you will hear on Itunes and Spotify.)
What we talked about concerning the Melanated Homeschool Collective LLC
- Why Lani made the decision to leave the public school system as an educator to homeschool her daughter
- The various ways she chooses to see her homeschool philosophy
- A peek into the homeschool day in the life of Lani
- Her biggest homeschool challenges
- Her favorite aspects of homeschooling and why homeschooling is worth it for her family
- Various suggestions for a multicultural curriculum – some of her favorite recommendations
- Advice for new and veteran homeschool moms: “You don’t have to do it all” and “Learn to outsource.”
- Teacher Jade on Outschool
- Teacher Iman on Outschool
- Cultural Corner Homeschool Support Group on Facebook
- Seed of Melanin cultural resources
Ways to reach Lani at the Melanated Homeschool Collective LLC
YouTube: The Homeschool Help Mate
I truly love to chat with homeschool moms of faith. If you are a new homeschooler I certainly hope you’ve found Lani’s words and her homeschool story encouraging.
If you are just getting started with homeschooling, here are some of my homeschooling resources for newbies, and if you have additional questions about homeschooling, I would be glad to help coach you and answer your homeschooling questions.
That’s what homeschool moms do – we help one another!
Until next time…happy homeschooling.