Well, today is a special day in the world of literature. Dr. Seuss has been around for 100 years with some great reads for our younger kids, and March 2 is designated the Read Across America Day, where nationwide, thousands of schools, libraries, (and homeschools) bring together our kids and teens to celebrate reading.
Today in our home we’re reading the whole collection- but especially Green Eggs and Ham.
Anyhow, while on Pinterest I found quite a few links to Dr. Seuss activities and ideas that I thought I’d share with you. Even though today is the official “Read Across America” day, it doesn’t hurt to extend these lessons throughout next week. So you’re never too late!
Here is a list of Dr. Seuss free downloadable ideas, printables, and activities .
- Seussational Unit Studies and 20 page activity booklet
- Dr. Seuss Time and Counting Games
- National Education Association’s brochure on Dr. Seuss Day
- Dr. Seuss books listed by reading level
- Searchable Dr. Seuss Activities from Seussvile.com
- The Cat In The Hat unit ideas and printables
- Learn to draw Dr. Seuss characters
- Seuss inspired math
- Dr. Seuss Bingo
- Dr. Seuss printables
- Dr. Seuss letter characters (great for clipart!)
- The Cat In The Hat game free download
- Making a cute Lorax hat
- Dr. Seuss math counting game
So, those are just a few to get your ideas flowing. Enjoy the day, enjoy the week…read lots of books, have fun!