Talking to Charity Rios was a blast!
Charity is a Jesus follower, Wife, and Boy Mama to 4 of the wildest, and squishiest sets of dimpled cheeks. She is the author of the children’s picture book “My Heartʼs Garden” and companion “My Heartʼs Garden Workbook”, and is a childrenʼs picture book coach. Most days you can find her top knottinʼ it, totinʼ potties, and rollinʼ in the mini. The power of the gospel is her melody and unleashing women and children from captives into warriors is her passion. She has a Masters in Higher Education and has been a Children’s Pastor, Church Planter, and Teacher.
What Charity and I chatted about
Charity is a children’s author who has so much to share with us about faith in God, and trusting His ways above our own.
Here are a few things we discussed:
- She introduced herself and her homeschooling
- How she began her career as a writer and children’s author (God showed her how to work on her book while raising and nursing her child)
- Things that she has done in the church and in her professional life that influence her work
- What inspired her to write her children’s book and workbook: My Heart’s Garden, and what the story is all about
- How to help our children dispel the lies that the enemy fights them with concerning their identity
- Raising children in today’s society isn’t easy and neither is nurturing their hearts when we are in such a rush through life
- Valuable tips on how to tend the hearts of our children by looking for “heart flags”
Purchase your copy of Charity’s picture book and workbook
How to reach Charity
>>Sign up for Charity’s newsletter here and receive your freebies!
Thanks for listening and watching!
I truly love to chat with homeschool moms of faith. If you are a new homeschooler I certainly hope you’ve found Charity’s words and her homeschool story encouraging.
That’s what homeschool moms do – we help one another!
Until next time…happy homeschooling.