Like what you hear? Support the podcast by buying me a coffee.☕😊
This week, I had a wonderful chat with children’s author, Lynn Plater.
Lynn Calvin Plater is the founder and CVO for CYLS-KIDS, LLC and Christ You Live Saved Kingdom Inspired Divine Seeds, LTD, a non-profit with a mission of spreading the gospel of Jesus Christ to children through books and toys. She is a Mom’s Choice Award and Reader’s Favorite book award recipient, and author of the book, Pentawhadda!. She is married to a supportive husband, Antonio Plater. She currently works as a teacher assistant for the Harnett County Public School System in Harnett County, North Carolina.
What Lynn and I chatted about…
- Lynn is a children’s ministry Sunday school teacher, assists with both the general education and special needs group, kindergarten teacher assistant, and holds multiple positions helping children.
- How she was inspired to write her book, Pentawhadda!. (She had a dream about a book with the letters CYLS KIDS. It was an inspiration from God and integrates her passion for helping children).
- What her book is about: Inside her book, there are special needs students (characters) as well as general education students. The pictures show that it caters to all students of the class. There is a special guest in the book, a character who teaches the kids about the bible and keeps kids engaged. Her book offers a general overview of the first five books of the bible and also helps brings awareness to other children besides general ed children.
- There are also activities in the book to help kids memorize the first 5 Bible books as well as a song to reinforce what they’ve learned in the book. A son is included to help them memorize, which is also found on iTunes, Spotify, and Amazon music. CDs are soon to come.
- Lynn’s hope is that this book will make kids want to learn more about the Bible and read it for themselves and lay a foundation for learning about the Bible in the future.
Highlight question: “What is your response to parents who don’t feel qualified to teach God’s word?”
Start with what you know and continue to learn for yourself to build on faith. Children observe what you do more than what you say. Model the faith for your kids. Pray for wisdom. Watch and listen to more biblical-based media.
Lynn’s words of encouragement for moms:
Stay in prayer over kids and family. Model your own walk of the Lord for them.
How to reach Lynn
If you sign up by emailing her directly, Lynn is offering a ten percent discount on your first purchase at her website.
Email (to receive your discount): email@example.com
☕Support this podcast at BuyMeACoffee!
Thanks for listening and watching!
I truly love to chat with homeschool moms of faith. If you are a new homeschooler I certainly hope you’ve found Tamara’s words and her homeschool story encouraging. Be sure to homeschool podcasts as well.
That’s what homeschool moms do – we help one another!
Until next time…happy homeschooling.